Indian Railways has decided to provide bulk cooked food with paper plates to needy people from the locations where they have base kitchens of IRCTC.
The list of base kitchens of IRCTC zonewise is given below:
1. South Central Railway: Vijaywada
2. Western Railway: Ahmedabad, Mumbai Central.
3. East Cost Railway: Khurdha Road
4. South Eastern Railway: Balasore
5. Northern Railway: New Delhi, Paharganj
6. North Central Railway: Prayagraj, Jhansi, Kanpur
7. Central Railway: CSMT, Pune, Sholapur, Bhusawal
8. West Central Railway: Itarsi
9. South Western Railway: Bangalore, Hubbali
10. Southern Railway: Tiruanantpuram, Chengalpattu, Katpadi, Mangalore
11. Eastern Railway: Sealdah, Howrah
12. East Central Eailway: Rajendranagar
13. North Frontier Railway: Katihar
Yesterday, 29 March 2020, IRCTC supplied total 11030 lunch meal to to needy people, migrant labours, few old age homes and others across the country as per the details below:
Location No of meals
1. Delhi 5030
2. Bangalore 2000
3. Hubli 700
4. Bombay Central 1500
5. Howrah/Sealdah 500
6. Patna 400
7. TATA 400
8. Ranchi 300
9. Kathiar. 200
GMs/DRMs of concerned Zone and division are also expected to provide their inputs as well to enhance the outreach of these efforts of IRCTC. IRCTC will produce and provide food on demand. Officers and divisions are sending indents . Distribution will be done by RPF and /or other Railway authorities. The assistance of NGOs, volunteers may also be taken for this exercise.
Working in a team IRCTC along with RPF and NGOs in various Railway Zones is supplying cooked food with paper plates to needy people. While delivering the food to needy persons , social distancing and hygiene is being observed.
It may be noted that Indian Railways and IRCTC are gearing up to meet any higher demand to provide food to needy in the times of lock down , which has been imposed to prevent the spread of COVID -19. IRCTC is ready for any contingency and adequate stocks of foodgrains and other raw material are being maintained.