Union Minister of State for Railways Suresh Angadi held a review meeting with General Managers and officials of South Western Railway (SWR), Central Railway (CR) and South Central Railway (SCR) through Video Conference recently.
During the meeting, the Minister reviewed the progress of Miraj-Londa and Gadag-Hotgi double line project, according to a press release by SWR here on Sunday. The 186 Km of Londa-Miraj doubling project is being executed in 7 phases.
In Phase-I, 16 Km of doubling between Ghataprabha and Chikkodi Road has been completed and commissioned in December, 2019. Other Phases of Work include:
- Phase-II – Doubling of 31 Km between Chikodi Road-Raybag-Chinchli-Kudachi
- Phase III – 25 Km of Khanapur-Desur-Belgaum doubling
- Phase-IV – 25 Km of Londa-Khanapur doubling
- Phase-V – 27 Km of Belagavi-Suldhal doubling
- Phase-VI – 30 Km of SuldhalGhataprabha doubling
- Phase-VII – 33 Km of Kudachi-Miraj doubling works are being executed.
Due to COVID-19, work has slowed down since March, 2020. Work recommenced from last week of June, 2020 with limited number of manpower, so as to maintain social distancing.